Now with the kitchen finally done, HandyMan and I are ready to jump into our next project - and this one has a tight timeline! We've decided to work on our upstairs guest bedroom. Here's a few pics of it in all its blue shag and floral border glory.
The border has since been removed and the carpet has been ripped out, but we're left with a hole where we had to cut out some of the hardwood to fix some patches on the mainfloor. We also used the floor to try out some of our stain samples. No worries though, because we're planning on re-carpeting the room (but I pity any future homeowners who take up that carpet in hopes of finding pristine hardwood underneath!).