Things That Became Apparent After I Became A Parent Part II
Part I here.
- 'Sleeping through the night' is a myth. If you do manage to get a few nights of uninterrupted sleep, baby will suddenly change it up by throwing in some teething, 2am play times, sickness or standing in her crib repeatedly, just to keep you on your toes.
- Your toddler will be able to squeeze herself into spaces that seemingly only bunnies and tiny fairies could fit into.
- Sometimes, your toddler will crawl faster than you can run.
- It takes only a one-time showing for your toddler to learn a new bad habit.
- Finding some "alone time" means spending five extra minutes in the shower.
- Daddies come with an innate talent for throwing baby high up in the air and making her giggle uncontrollably.
- Your little one may refuse to eat the healthy organic meal you spent an hour preparing but 10 mins later will instead choose to pick up and eat the kernels of rice that fell onto the floor.
- Your toddler's first tricycle may be cooler than your first car.
- Your toddler will know things and you will have no clue how they learned it.
- There is nothing more heartwarming than seeing your parents play with your children.
- No matter how hard you try and practice, "mama" will likely not be your baby's first word. However, she can say "dada", "dad" and "daddy" with perfect elocution.
- Helpless babies turn into walking talking toddlers in the blink of an eye.
Any things you moms want to add to the list?