I'm back from the Steven & Chris show and my head is dizzy from all the fabulousness. I've watched the S&C show on TV but seeing it live makes for a much more exciting and fun experience. I loved seeing the set (Lindsay just wrote a great post about it) and watching the five cameras being moved with precision to bring those magic images to your screen. The boys were on top of their game - Chris' funny endearing personality was the perfect complement to Steven's more subdued charms.
Liz, Shannon, Tara, Kerry, and me. Pic borrowed from Liz.
Finally seeing blogger friends in person was great fun. Chris, Tara, Lindsay, Liz, Kerry, Janice, Sharon, Vanessa, and Lisa were all there. I am so glad I got to meet you all! And meeting some new-to-me bloggers like LipstickRules, 7 Dollar Pants, and le Petit Reve was nice too. Can I just say that bloggers make the best looking audiences? Because they do. Everyone was so pretty. Speaking of pretty, Jenny McCarthy was a guest on the show and she was stunning, smart, and funny. What a great combination. She talked about everything from buddhism to masturbation bears (you'll have to watch the show to understand that one!).
Liz and I
The CBC crew on the show has to be commended. They did a wonderful job of making us feel welcome and appreciated. From encouraging us to take pics and tweet during the breaks, serving up a deelish pulled pork sandwich lunch (courtesy of guest Chef Rodney Bowers), to an intimate Q&A after the show and giveaway bags to take home, it was a great experience.
The top 5 things I learned at the Steven & Chris show:
1. You're not a true blogger unless you have a smartphone.
2. Bloggers can put an outfit together just as well as they can decorate a room. They are a stylish bunch.
3. Its really hard to identify bloggers when you've only ever seen them in their 2"x2" blog profile pic.
4. Steven & Chris are a couple on and off the set. I always kind of wondered. Doesn't mean I'll give up the schoolgirl crush I've had on Steven ever since his CityLine days though.
5. Pulled pork + Dr. Pepper secret sauce = a.w.e.s.o.m.e.