We had a sweet treat soiree, filling our tummies with sugary goodies while we chatted (and chatted and chatted) about design. I decided to bring my old standby to the party... these chocolate coconut bites are quick, easy and delish so I thought I would share them with you too (virtually).
CHOCOLATE COCONUT BITES
Recipe from epicurious.com
yield: Makes 32 (1-inch) candies
active time: 15 min
total time: 30 min
3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
3/4 cup unsweetened dried coconut
1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
3 1/2 to 4 oz fine-quality bittersweet chocolate (preferably 70% cacao), finely chopped
- Line bottom and 2 opposite sides of an 8-inch square metal baking pan with a sheet of wax paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on both sides.
- Mix together flaked and dried coconut and condensed milk with your fingertips until combined well, then firmly press into pan in an even layer with offset spatula. Chill, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in a metal bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water or in top of a double boiler, stirring until smooth.
- Spread chocolate evenly over coconut layer with offset spatula and chill until firm, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Lift confection onto a cutting board using overhang and halve confection with a sharp knife.
- Sandwich halves together, coconut sides in, to form an 8- by 4-inch rectangle, then discard wax paper. Cut rectangle into 32 (1-inch) squares.
- Arrange paper cups (if using) on a platter and fill with candies. Chill, covered, until ready to serve.
Yum! Have a good weekend!
*I got the cute Canadian Mountie serving dish in my gift bag from the CB2 preview. You'll have to wait until mid-November to shop for it in the Toronto store.