Sarah's House 4: First Impressions & The Kitchen
On this week’s episodes of Sarah’s House 4, we saw Sarah and
Tommy transform the Front Hallway (beige area), Mudroom, and Powder Room (orange area) and then the
Kitchen (grey area). And I won’t hesitate to say I LOVED the rooms and thought this is the
signature Sarah & Tommy style I've been waiting for!
- Natural stone tiles can have lots of variation in colour. See if you can order extra tiles and return what you don’t use. That way, you can use only the tiles that look similar.
- Enhance the feeling of grandeur by using taller baseboards and crown moulding
- Save money by getting the standard stair railings but painting them in a classic finish – white risers and spindles, and stained treads and handrail
- Use paint to accentuate and draw the eye. Sarah painted the ends of the entry in a dark Elephant grey (SR58) and the sides increamy Bubbles (SR5) from her paint line.
- When rooms or spaces connect to one another, tie them in with complementary colours, materials, and furnishings