Camille Styles, Jasmine Star, and Cassandra Lavalle which was jam packed with great tips on how to build your brand. Here’s a few that stuck with me:
- Find a niche and establish yourself as an expert
- Write a brief 4-word brand statement. Measure your projects, plans, and collaborations up against this statement to see if they fit with your brand
- Be creative. With your personal brand, you are the content. Make your message high-quality & compelling
- People choose bloggers, not blogs…Readers want to connect with you as a person, not what you do.
- Figure out what your assets and liabilities are. Work with people who can fill your weaknesses
- Create a good brand by aligning with others who can make you look good
- When you collaborate, you are aligning yourself with that brand.
- Sponsors on your site are a reflection of your personal brand. They should be in line with your aesthetic, ethics, and goals
- Allow for evolution and growth but stick to your core characteristics
I’m on my way to doing just that. This was a good start. How about you? Do you know your brand? What makes you you?