It's Day Two of the 2012 Great Reads blog tour. I've asked some fabulous bloggers to share some must-read posts from the past year: their most popular post, a post that might have been missed the first time around and deserves a second look, and their favourite post. Enjoy!
- About The Blog: The sweetest digs chronicles Gemma, a 20-something gal from Ottawa, as she renovates and decorates her home with her hubby - taking it from dated and boring to cozy and sweet, all on a shoestring budget. Tag along for the ride - there are sure to be bumps and some giggles as we go!
- Most Popular Post: Our most popular post was by far our under $3000 complete bathroom reno, Project Bathroom: The Reveal.
- Deserves A Second Look: My two-tone closet doors was a post that deserved a second look. Such an easy but transformative project!
- Favourite Post: My favourite post has to go to my painted chevron ceiling - I'm still smitten!! (and that area has continued to be updated with a new light, mint mirror, and wooden shelf).
- About The Blog: Flutter Flutter is a lifestyle blog where graphic design, interior decor and family fun come together under one roof
- Most Popular Post: The most popular post this year was my Milk Art Tutorial, from the Spring Break DIY series I did last year.
- Deserves A Second Look: The post I think deserves a second & third look is IDSwest Opening Night, where I featured Kelly Deck's fabulous kitchen design for Aya Kitchens. So beautiful!
- Favourite Post: My favourite post was "A Little More" because I was able to finally reveal the Before & After of our kitchen, eating area and family room as a whole.
- About The Blog: Designwali is my corner of the world wide web where I can showcase my favourite home decor finds, trends and beautiful spaces. It is spot where I can share with the world my love for South Asia art, design and fashion. A place where I can take a little break from a busy world and just indulge in things I love
- Most Popular Post: My most popular post was my bedroom revamp.
- Deserves A Second Look: The impromptu front door revamp deserves another look.
- Favourite Post: My favourite post was the gallery of my series "If your saree was a room".
- About The Blog: Our Fifth House is where I chronicle my adventures (and misadventures) in transforming our fifth house into a home.
- Most Popular Post: It's really surprising to me that this simple post, Thinking Outside the Closet (Clothing Storage Ideas for Small Closet Owners), about how I take advantage of clothing storage options outside our small master closet was the most popular/most viewed post of the year. I guess there are lots of small closet owners out there?
- Deserves A Second Look: I think my hub's home office makeover deserved a second look. That was my favorite room makeover of the year. I love the grasscloth wall paper I added to the room, and the floor to ceiling bookcases our contractor built made a huge impact in the space.
- Favourite Post: Oh gosh, it is really tough to choose. I had a lot of fun making my house a home this year, and looking back over all of the projects it's hard to choose a favorite. I'd have to say the giant chalkboard wall calendar is my favorite because it's something my family uses every day. It really does help to make our sometimes chaotic schedule run much more smoothly.
Check out the other Great Reads in this year's tour here, and previous years here.
Did you enter the giveaway for the Brother Computerized Sewing Machine? There's still time left!