Get The Look: Modern Graphic Bedroom
Its really starting to feel like spring around here and this fresh and modern bedroom is perfect for the mood I'm in! I love the clean, crisp feel of this room and thought I'd share ideas on how to Get The Look for less.
The most striking thing about this bedroom is the expert mix of pattern and colour. I'm always intimidated by mixing patterns but there are a few standard rules I've learned to make it easier: vary the scale of patterns, pick two or three colours and repeat them throughout. I'd start with a modern rug with a simple and open pattern, like this one from RugsUSA. Its 50% off right now so really an inexpensive way to add some bold pattern.
Then layer in other patterns and textures, picking up on the colours and shapes in the rug:
- For the windows, curtains made in this small scale pattern fabric would be fun
- A classic upholstered headboard in a light solid cream provides a place for your eye to rest. This one's a great price at less than $200.
- The inspiration photo shows a patterned throw over a neutral quilt. You can save a few dollars by instead using solid white sheets and then have a patterned duvet cover which you fold at the end of the bed. This one has a slightly organic and random feel which works nicely the more rigid geometric patterns.
- I love the look of mirrors over beds, and especially round mirrors over angular headboards. This one is curvy and feminine and the warm metal tones are similar to the chandelier
- instead of two stools, get the same look less expensively by using a single bench. The velvet and luxe details like nailhead trim and upholstered legs really help to make the room feel glamorous
A room can feel a little boring though when its all too monochromatic or similar so I'd introduce a shot of colour. An original painting like this one over a side table would be just enough to keep things interesting.
Are you refreshing your interiors for spring? This has me itching to introduce a bit of coral into my bedroom.
Disclosure: Affiliate links used in this post.