The girls attending are between 4 and 7 years old and I wanted to have a craft that was simple and they could do on their own. Cupcake wrapper flowers are nothing new, but every version I've seen involves a hot glue gun. So I've made this version glue-free and it is seriously the easiest valentine craft ever.
- pipe cleaners
- regular sized cupcake wrappers
- washi tape
- Take 4 cupcake wrappers. Using a pencil or scissors, poke a small hole in the center of the wrappers.
- Take a pipe cleaner and create a small loop at one end.
- Insert the pipe cleaner through one of the wrappers. Wrap the wrapper around the pipe cleaner.
- Affix the wrapper in place with washi tape. Repeat steps 3 and 4 with three additional wrappers to create the flower.
- Near the base of the flower, create a large leaf shape with the pipe cleaner. Bend the remainder of the pipe cleaner upwards
- Wrap the pipe cleaner around the leaf twice to secure the leaf and form the stem.
I think we'll make a few more and give these as Valentines for her classmates. The crafting never ends ;)