Since we had Chloe, I could count on one hand the number of days we've been apart from her overnight. You can imagine then how fun it was for us to put aside being Mom and Dad for a few days and just focus on being Jen and Sean, exploring the big city.
I knew we'd enjoy our quick trip to Chicago but what I didn't expect was seeing with new eyes my husband as the cool guy he is. It's been 10 years since we met (how did that happen?!) and I think Sean has really now found his style. As I sat there enjoying unhurried conversations over dinner and coffee, or holding his hand and listening intently as he told me all about the architecture of the city, I really noticed the confident, successful and handsome man he has become. That kind of thing gets lost in the day to day, when our attention is focused on schedules, work, and the child. So so much attention, she requires ;)
HandyMan was looking pretty sharp on this trip though so I thought I'd share some of his style. Father's Day is next month and I think I'll be shopping for more outfits for him - having him look all handsome is like a gift for me too!
1. This reversible lightweight jacket is perfect for spring or fall travel. It has a clean-lined look that can be dressed up or down.
2. A slim fit plaid shirt works for most any travel occasion, from flying on the plane to late night cocktails.
3. Dark jeans are versatile and look more dressed up than lighter denim.
4. A leather-strap watch is a good choice for everyday wear. I like the dark face on this one which feels more modern.
5. I gifted Sean a few striped belts at Christmas and he wears them all the time.
6. You can't go wrong with classic Ray-Bans. I think they look great on almost every guy.
7. Johnston & Murphy is Sean's favourite shoe brand. We both love the funky coloured laces and their updated classic styles. These lace ups look comfortable enough for walking hours around the city.
Date nights are fun but it was really refreshing to have that extended time to reconnect. I think we'll have to find more time to do that here at home.
How about you? Do you shop for your partner?