- Read the next chapter in that book on your bedside table
- Send a handwritten note to a faraway friend
- Sign up for a class you've always wanted to take (photography would be my choice)
- Dust off the sewing machine and hem those pants. Finally.
- Grab a paint can and do touch ups around the house.
- Clean out the back of the fridge.
- Take your kids out for ice cream.
- Whittle down your Facebook friend list/Twitter feed/Instagram feed/RSS reader to only those which bring you joy
- Buy yourself flowers, just because.
- Hang up that frame that has been sitting on the floor for months.
- Treat yourself to a manicure.
- Go the photo shop and print out some of the beautiful images on your phone that no one has ever seen.
- Polish and protect your boots. Its boot season!
- Purge clothes from your closet and bring them to Goodwill.
- Meal plan for the rest of the week.
- Catch up on your favourite show on Netflix.
- Change your bedsheets.
- Take the fall and winter coats out of storage. Ugh.
- Read the newspaper.
- Update your music playlist.
- Have a coffee date.
- Shop your closet and put together four new outfits.
- Make plans for the weekend.
- Get off that chair and go for a walk.
25 Things To Do Instead of Reading Today's Blog Post
Sep 26, 2014 + biz and blogging
I'm going to be offline for the next little while, enjoying a much needed vacation with my family. In the past, if a blogger was going to be away from the blog, they would line up guest posts or have a backlog of posts scheduled. But, I think it would be good if my readers took a little break too. We all spend too much time in front of our computers or looking at tiny handheld screens, don't you think?
In case you're stumped as to what to do with your free time, here's a list of 25 Things To Do Instead of Reading Today's Blog Post: