Being home is one of the best things about the holidays. I love Christmas but I think I love the week after Christmas just as much. You're off work and content to spend the day at home in your pj's. It's the perfect time to catch up on Netflix and your reading and maybe do a bit of online shopping for those gifts Santa forgot to bring you. Can you think of anything more relaxing? Here's my recipe for the perfect cozy night in:
1. My friend Shannon reminded about the Next Issue app. It provides you access to 140 digital magazines, all for about $10 a month. I use it all the time, especially if I'm going to be travelling. I load it up with my favourites - Better Homes and Gardens, House Beautiful, Chatelaine, House Beautiful, InStyle to name a few. Fine, I download People too ;)
2. A cozy night starts with a hot beverage. You need a good looking mug, one that's hefty that you can wrap your fingers around. This mug from Indigo will keep my tea warm and can't help but make me smile with its message.
3. Even if the fire is on, I like to keep my toes toasty with reading socks. Cashmere reading socks? How decadent!
4. I can't help but love Mindy Kaling. She's funny, intelligent, the epitome of a lady boss, and that BFF who always has you laughing so hard it hurts.
5. I'm a bit particular about pajamas. They can't be too hot (no thanks, fleece) nor too flowy that the cold air gets inside. These waffle knit thermal pajamas seem just right for all-day lounging.
6. You need to have something sweet to keep your energy up while you blast your way through a Orange Is the New Black marathon, right? Macarons are my go-to. They're big enough to satisfy your sweet tooth but small enough that you don't feel extreme guilt at eating a half dozen in one sitting.
7. Mariage Freres is my all-time favourite tea. It's flavourful and never bitter and with one sip, I'm transported back to Paris. You can find it at finer food emporiums like Williams Sonoma or Holt Renfrew.
Tell me, what are your plans for the coming weeks? Do you hibernate like me?