A Valentine's Celebration At Home
Valentine's Day falls on a Saturday this year which leaves ample opportunity to celebrate with your loved ones. Why not start the day with a brunch at home? Brunch is relaxed and casual and the only question is do you go sweet or savoury? (I can never choose!). Weekend breakfasts are always fun, but adding a few rosy-hued decor items and gifts makes it extra special. I'm not a fan of investing in overtly themed decor so each of these pieces would look right at home throughout the year.
1. Changing out your art is an easy way to make your home feel festive. I love the pale pink and peach hues of this piece. Bedroom, nursery, dressing room... it would work well in so many places.
2. These gingham table napkins add a touch of colour to your brunch table. After Valentine's Day, throw them in the picnic basket for summertime celebrations.
3. Rise and shine lovebirds. How cute is this mug?
4. This sweet love letter tray is officially on my wish list. I'd keep it on my bedside table to hold the earrings I always forget to take off until I'm lying in bed.
5. I love love love enamelware. This red and white dinnerware set is classic, simple, and durable.
6. I use ramekins all the time. You could start brunch with these heart-shaped ramekins filled with baked eggs, bacon, and spinach or end the meal with decadent molten chocolate cakes.
7. It's a rule. When it's Valentine's Day, you need to display at least one paper heart somewhere. This hand-sewn garland of white, red, and gold hearts is a sophisticated take on the decorating staple.
8. If I had a sit-down area in my kitchen, you can bet I would be putting this bistro bench in it. Perfect seating for two!
9. This delicate arrow wrap ring would make a sweet gift. Let's hope my husband is reading ;)
Do you have any plans for Valentine's Day? I don't make too much of a fuss over it, though eating of chocolate that day is mandatory!