The main bathroom is getting a makeover and I thought I'd share my mood board. Here's how the bathroom looked the day we moved in:
A clean blank slate. I really liked the look of the beadboard vanity against the wood vinyl floors and used that as a jumping off point for a slightly rustic modern farmhouse bathoom.
1. I bought this milk glass double sconce on super sale last winter. I really love the mixed metals in the aged steel and brass finish.
2. A classic white vanity with marble top will suit most any style, from coastal to cottage to traditional.
3. Round mirrors are a huge trend these days. This solid wood one adds warmth and a natural texture
4. I much prefer hooks in a bathroom to a towel bar. These simple square bath hooks feel modern in shape and the oil rubbed bronze finish works with the other dark accents.
5. I'm noticing a shift in decor from navy blues to the greens. We've already painted the bathroom door in a moody and sophisticated black-green (Weathervane by PARA Paints) and I'd love to incorporate the green hues elsewhere.
6. This matte black faucet is a stunner. Paired with a more traditional vanity, it feels modern yet timeless.
7. This birch tree shower curtain is a fun take on the classic Cole & Sons Woods wallpaper.
We won't get back to the cottage for another few weeks so projects will have to wait. Let's hope its finished before our first cottage guests arrive!