11 No Fail Objects To Style The Perfect Shelfie
|via The Everygirl|
I'm looking forward to styling the shelves in the office and bringing in some new decor. Styling can be daunting but with a few well chosen objects, you can have your shelves looking as instagram-worthy as the one above. Isn't it perfectly balanced and interesting? Something natural, something gold, geometric is good too...I've found there's a bit of a formula for getting that perfect shelfie. Here's 11 no-fail objects that can have you styling like a pro.
- Start with natural, organic objects like pieces of driftwood, smooth rocks, or a whitewashed sculpture to bring warmth and softness to your shelves
- A shiny brass paperweight or word art adds sophistication. Place it on a stack of books for more presence.
- For interesting contrast, fill this muted brass vase with bright florals
- These sea glass beads ooze coastal charm, even if you don't live by the sea
- Clear glass boxes offer endless display possibilities. Use them to store smaller collections or more delicate objects
- Are your vignettes looking too feminine? A geometric sculpture can bring balance
- Opt for decorative boxes with interesting patterns and colours to liven up your display
- A candle, especially one in a pretty package, adds both functionality and style
- A pair of bookends brings a sense of symmetry and order. Showcase them with old books from the thrift store - just be sure to pick the ones with the prettiest spines!
- Blue and white ginger jars are very trendy right now. I love the artistic quality of this one
- You can't go wrong with a classic bust. The traditional shape works well against more modern objects