You’ve made us grow in the best of ways, Chloe. You bring out the fun and playful side of your dad and you’ve taught your mom to be nurturing and patient. How can that be, a tiny little person changing the trajectory of our lives so much? I still look at you and am amazed that you’re ours. What a privilege it is to watch you discover this world. Do all parents get to experience this? How lucky are we! You are such a big girl now. I can’t look at you today without getting a tear in my eye. I have loved becoming your mom and watching you become you. So today is a celebration for you but its also a celebration for me and your dad… we’ve survived, we’ve grown, we’ve become a family.
Thank you for that sweet girl.
Mom & Dad
Chloe at 1:
- has taken her first steps alone (yesterday!)
- is smiley and friendly loves to play peek-a-boo
- is a fish in water
- can throw a ball overhead one-handed
- loves broccoli and cauliflower and quinoa
- is petite and will forever be rolling up her pantlegs, just like mom
- would rather sing than babble
- isn’t sleeping through the night
- loves when Lolo and Lola babysit her
- knows where her eyes, head and nose are
- likes hanging out with the big kids
- prefers to feed herself
- can drink out of a cup without the sippy
- lets us know when she has to do #2
- has 8 teeth
- does not like to be cuddled tightly
- loves to dance with her dad
- is a baby no longer!