The 5 Minute Pillow
I'm having a lot of fun playing around with the new sewing machine. Its getting easier to whip up pillow covers in no time. I'm not sure where I came upon this way of making an envelope-back cover but it stuck with me because its so simple:
1. Measure your pillow. My pillow was 12"x16". Cut a piece of fabric that measures (Length + 2") x (Width x 2.5). For my pillow, my fabric measured 14" x 40".
2. At each of the short ends, fold over a 1.5" hem and iron.
3. Fold the fabric in thirds. Arrange the fabric so that the width equals the width of your pillow (in my case, 16"). Iron to leave creases on the ends.
5. Turn the fabric over so that the back side faces up. Fold the fabric at the creases that you ironed in step 3. Sew a 1" hem along each of the long sides.
6. Turn the pillow case right side out. I like to use a chopstick to get the corners fully poked out.
And voila! Cute and easy, my favourite kind of project.